Thursday, February 17, 2011

Woe is Me

   With all this thinking and dreaming of baby showers and even a farther off wedding I'm planning. It has brought up the sore spot again of the fact that..I have no friends. Especially a best friend. Well I have a best friend, I'm married to him. But as girlfriends go, I really am lacking.

   I am surrounded by women and people I love and love to talk and share with. Like Dana at my work who is a riot and who always gives the best advice. Or Jen Jackson who I can only hope to be like in motherhood. And Makenzi who knows exactly what I'm going through..almost too literally. But I don't have that one special girlfriend who I can say anything to and she'll understand completely and I can say anything and not be embarrassed. I don't even know who I'm going to have as bridesmaids at my wedding.   Maybe my hormones are making me emotional or the fact I'm watching Sex and the City and I wish I had 3 awesome girlfriends to call ME fabulous. 


   I guess it's kinda hard to acquire friends your own age when you have the life of someone 5 years older than them. eh. at least I'll have my baby and husband to hangout with.

2 comments:

  1. Um... excuse me. I am your friend. Always will be. I love you, and would totally be a bridesmaid. (no pressure though) ;)
    Love you Gweny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand that completely. I had my sister who is my best friend but I didn't who to have as my bridesmaids. I had all my cousins thankfully but it wasn't like most people with lots of friends. It's best to have your hubby as your best friend anyway. It makes marriage that much better. Don't worry about it, someday a friend will come along and be super close without you realizing it! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete