Monday, February 14, 2011

My Sweet Sweet Valentine's Day

Today was a day that I originally was sad about because it's our first Valentine's together but you weren't here with me:( but when I scheduled my ultrasound for V-day, I knew it would be at least an exciting day. We had a nice early(but not too early) appointment. So I got up and got ready and didn't have to wait too long before it was time to go. I stopped by starbucks to get a sugary latte so the caffine and sugar would get the baby movin. I also drank a ton of water and went pee 3 times in the 45 minutes we were there haha

our beautiful baby! look at that HEAD!
For Makenzi, just her and I went in. It took a little work to get a clear view, but it didn't take long for the tech to tell us what it was:))) It was nice to be there for her cause I would want to have someone there for me. It was hard to sit through cause I had to pee the whole time and bolted off the couch once her ultrasound was done haha
nice picture of the spine:)
I was really happy to have mom AND wayne there, wayne missed out on the first ultrasound cause there was so much medical stuff going on too it would have been awkward for him to be in the room.  The tech was so nice and easy to talk to, I suppose if your job is to strictly to ultrasounds all day long you have to be a baby lover haha. She showed us what was in each view so if we were confused she'd clarify. There were some sort of little floaty bits in the water and she told me the baby had peed hahah she also showed us the baby's full belly. 
little foot and toesies!
Our baby was a little more difficult than Josh and Makenzi's. It was in weirder positions and we had to wiggle around to get the baby to move. The tech said the baby was really relaxed (i guess that latte didn't work!) It was in a lounge position for a while with it's legs up and ankles crossed. We got to hear the heartbeat. It was strong, but mellow and slow cause the baby was so relaxed haha

The baby's legs kicked back and relaxin. one leg bent and one resting on my organs probably haha
After the ultrasounds, we went to Babies R Us but surprisingly we didn't buy anything. But it was fun to be able to look at gender appropriate clothes and bedding:) After that I talked mom and wayne into taking us to Chili's. I did give all 3 dogs baths the day before so I had more than earned it. I got way too stuffed on cheese fries and mini burger bites, but i did have a little salad too! ahh i never get sick of Chili's. We went to See's after that cause mom and wayne had a certificate for 1lb. We each picked about 6 pieces. yum yum!
most of the baby's body, but the best part is the full high-five it's givin us. or a "no pictures please!" haha
The best part of my day was getting back to the apartment and finding a beautiful vase of flowers and a super cute note from my love. AND my order of maternity clothes from oldnavy.com. Such an awesome day:)
I love you so much hunny, be safe.
<3





3 comments:

  1. are you keeping it a secret until the baby is born? I am sooo happy you could find out early. it makes it soo worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nawh I'll tell eventually. I was gunna wait til my baby shower to announce it cause i don't want to just get a bunch of clothes. but i'm starting to not really care. so I might tell before. But I haven't gotten to talk to Jon yet so I'm definitely not telling til i can talk to him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT plan! love ya girl! always put your husband first!

    ReplyDelete