Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year, New Adventures.

Our year started in Washington State. We went north for 2 weeks to visit Jon's family for Christmas since he got 2 weeks of pre-deployment leave. It was exciting to visit Jon's hometown and family for the first time and also very relaxing to get away for a little while. We really needed a vacation!

We left WA on January 1st, it was a long, long drive. Luckily we split it into 2 days. But I still think Jon and I don't want to be in a car again for a couple of months.




A beautiful view of WA from my passenger pov..and my cheeseburger warming in the sun!

We reached home at midnight on the 2nd. Poor Jon had to work the next day on very little sleep. Jon had a short work day so I made him take me to Babies 'r' Us since he wouldn't be here for a lot of baby stuff. We returned home and were doing random prep for Jon's deployment when we got a call saying Jon was going to be leaving the next day (Tues.) rather than Thursday..oh the life of a Marine.

January 4th, 2011:

My first thought waking up was "I have an hour and a half til i have to hand my husband over for 6 months."  Jon had to be at the barracks at 7:30am, we ended up getting an hour to be together before they left. They boarded the bus and left for March Airfield Base at 8:50. This is the most depressing picture, so idk why i took it. But this is a view no family member of a Marine wants to see.

 
It just so happened that this day was my first prenatal doctor's appt..and of course Jon couldn't go. My roommate Mary offered to go with me and I was so happy to have someone to go with me. I thought I was going to have my first ultrasound, but I ended up just doing paperwork and getting blood taken. Which was horrible! I felt so dizzy and faint after. Thank God I didn't pass out or vomit. I can't wait for the 11th to finally get to see our lil inch long baby! 



     It's more of pudge than baby bump, but thats my "belly" at 9 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment