Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Baby DeBoer makes it's first appearance!

Today I had my first real prenatal appt, and I met the doctor who I am going to see at every visit and who (if things go as planned) will deliver my little bundle. She was really nice and personable. I've heard a lot of bad things about the hospital on base, but I feel like every time I go, I come across at least 1 really helpful doctor/nurse. There was a random nurse who helped (for 1, find where the heck I was supposed to go) get me checked in with my doc and move my med file along. And of course my doc was what I was hoping for.


At my appt. they did anything and everything you kinda wouldn't hope to go through. I got a "well woman check up" (aka: we're gunna do a lot of stuff below the belt) a pap smear, they wanted to do a vaginal ultrasound but ended up doing a normal one(whoo!) I was very lucky to have my mom there with me. Although I am married and an adult, i have never had an exam like that and was very happy to have my mommy there to hold my hand hahaha
after all the exams and dignity loss, we got to see our little baby:)


The baby had a normal heartbeat that we got to see and hear, it even danced a little for us. I can't wait to be able to feel it move so I can feel exactly where it is. I also cannot wait to find out what sex it is!!! I have 10 more weeks:(( ugh, I've already waited that long just for this first ultrasound.
this pic shows a lot of skin..but this blog is mostly for my husband so suck it up! nothing is showing!..like that coppertone tan line;P



a lil side view of our nugget waving it's little arm in the air! "yo mama!"
The doctor talked to me about getting a flu shot because pregnant women are more at risk to become very ill with the flu and in some cases die. Now I'm pretty healthy and I don't see myself as someone who could die from the flu. But I want to do whatever I can to protect myself and my baby. I figured if I was gunna get a shot, I might as well go and do it right then (cause i had my mommy there with me!) I hate shots so fricken much. My mom said "do I need to slap you to distract you from the shot?" haha no! but I did grip her like I was on a roller coaster and squeeled just a little. Jon, you and this heathen child owe me so stinkin much for all I'm doing for you two!!
but i did get a red crayon band-aid..
I have the most amazing video of my ultrasound, but this dumb blog thing couldnt upload it so maybe i'll upload it to facebook or youtube or somethin..



3 comments:

  1. hahaha you are cute! But, you have much more dignity to lose girl...wait until you give birth hahahaha it will feel like the whole world has seen everything down under and then some...hee hee I'm glad your visit went well and your mom got to go with you! That first ultrasound is so amazing! I can't wait to know what you are having too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just smiling!
    I am glad your mom went with you today to support you. I know Jon would have loved to have been there...he doesn't like shots either! Your mom would have had to hold his hand too! LOL
    Thanks for this blog... I know it is going to be so special for all of us who can't be there with you.
    Hugs, Grandma Deana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very exciting having a baby. Where have I been? I didn't even know you were married.

    ReplyDelete