Thursday, April 28, 2011

A few different things.

So time is going slow and fast. Getting to talk to Jon has given me something to look forward too but has also made me more stressed out. I wake up bummed out if I hadn't been woken up at some point in the night to Skype. Or I get anxious if I'm not available between the hours of 1-3:40pm because Jon has gotten online at those times and maybe just maybe he will again today.


Anyways. Just a few exciting things have gone on recently. Not exciting enough to have their own blogs but I will combine them into this one!
First of all, Earth Day just passed. No I'm not a green-y but it was the 1-year anniversary of the day I adopted henry!!
Henry in the firsts weeks after adoption.

My stinky butt now:)
Besides that, I got a fresh haircut and my roots touched up so they aren't so horrible. They were seriously grown out like 3". It was getting embarrassing. 
Feeling girly and wanting to beautify myself as much as I can afford. I decided to get my eyebrows threaded. I don't quite know how it works. but it works! I was a little worried cause the lady I found does it out of her house and I was going off google search not word of mouth so I was a little afraid of being kidnapped haha but I had a backup plan in place. 
Any ways, eye brow threading is a middle eastern and asian technique and this lady (judging by her name and accent) is from somewhere over there. So I trusted her skill rather than just going to a salon that does it because it's becoming more popular. 
I wish I would have taken before and after pics, but my eyebrows are bangin! I've never waxed and I don't pluck. But I heard that threading was less painful than waxing so I wanted to try it before I went the waxing route (which I now will never do!). Of course it wasn't comfortable..it was like plucking I guess but you don't go hair by hair. 


Eh, not much new has gone on. I just feel like it's been a while since I last blogged. I'm really excited for this next month though! I have a doc appt the 2nd. There's a "Return and Reunion Brief" for the spouses coming up on the 4th. Then the 5th I'm going to the ELLEN SHOW!! WOOHOO!! My baby shower is in less than a month! Which I am soo so excited for because I am so stressed because I do not feel prepared for this baby yet and hopefully it will help. and soon after Jon will be home so it'll kinda build up to that but also distract me from it so I'm SO impatient waiting for him to get home.


Lord pleeeeeease make this month go by so so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment