Friday, April 8, 2011

April Showers

It never fails to rain on/very near my birthday. I had a few birthday parties that were relocated into the house because of rain. I thought it was going to be very warm this year because last week was so warm and sunny. (I even had to turn the a/c on a lil 1 or 2 days..don't tell mom!) I was planning on just going to the beach for my birthday, but when the cold and rain moved in I had to find new plans. Makenzi and I had been planning on going on the train with my parents for a while cause their route goes up to Santa Barbara. My mom gave me the idea of doing that for my birthday, which I actually really liked.

The morning of my birthday I was hoping and praying to hear from Jon. I wake up a few times in the night to get a drink or go to the bathroom. I kept waking up and checking my phone to see if he had messaged me. I knew there was a good chance he wouldn't but I was just hoping he'd get a little time to say hi since it was my b-day. I woke up at 6:45..no message -_- typical. I started getting ready and getting tons of messages from FB from people wishing me a happy birthday. Honestly I ignored most of them cause they weren't from Jon. Til FINALLY at like 9 it was Jon! weeeee! I ran to the computer and we talked for the whole hour until we had to leave at 10. I was sad to say bye..but it was like 2am there and he had to work so I didn't feel that bad. It totally made my day though:) I could have sat at home by myself and it would have been a great day, just cause I got to hear from my husband. 

We got on the train around noon, and had a nice little ride up to Santa Barbara. We got there a little after 3 and had til 6:56 to wander. We rode the trolley up the State St. walked around a little. Looked at pricey baby stores. Tried to find some maternity clothes with no success (totally unfair, you have to order online everywhere for maternity..which is retarded) We stopped to rest our feet and eat at Chipotle. We drooled over everything in Anthropologie. Scoffed at the $118 sun dresses at Nordstom. Enjoyed 10minute massages in fabulous massage chairs for free and it felt like a real massage! Splurged on $1 hand lotion. Looked at some more expensive baby clothes. And I indulged in some Ben & Jerry's just before heading back to the train. 
sugary goodness!
 We only got to enjoy a little of the train ride home cause we left Santa Barbara at 7 and it got dark soon after, but we did get to see a pretty sunset:)
pickin us up
 Makenzi and I were so tired on the way home, my feet were killing me too. We sat in silence a lot cause we were pure pooped. We even slept a little just before LA cause we couldn't fight it anymore. That's one thing about mom and wayne's new route I don't like, they get back into LA so late! we didn't head home til like 10:30. 
When I got home I checked FB and Jon was on so I wound up staying up til basically 1 talking to him. I got to talk to him twice on my b-day! yay! I was so stinkin tired, but it was worth it:)
I'm so glad you're back on land hunny and that you will have regular internet access from here on out!
I love you!

1 comment:

  1. That just made me soooo happy for you! I prayed you would would have a blessed day and it seems like you for sure did! Love you!

    ReplyDelete